About years 1795-1798

Title:
About years 1795-1798
Description:
This one-page typed document provides information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned.
Collection:
Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project
Contributing Institution:
Margaretta Childs Archives at Historic Charleston Foundation
Media Type:
Documents
Personal or Corporate Subject:
Historic Charleston Foundation (Charleston, S.C.)
Topical Subject:
Historic buildings--Conservation and restoration--South Carolina--Charleston, Neighborhoods--Conservation and restoration--South Carolina--Charleston
Geographic Subject:
Charleston (S.C.)--History
Language:
English
Series:
Folder 16: Plats
Shelving Locator:
HCF.005.3A
S.C. County:
Charleston County (S.C)
Internet Media Type:
image/jpeg
Digitization Specifications:
600 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, DLSG Bookedge Scanner, Archival masters are tiffs.
Copyright Status Statement:
Copyright © Historic Charleston Foundation.
Access Information:
For more information and reuse requirements contact Archivist, Historic Charleston Foundation, P.O. Box 1120, Charleston, SC 29402.