Randolph Hall

  • Image 01
Title:
Randolph Hall
Description:
Harrison Randolph Hall from St. Philip St. Construction of Randolph Hall, the most recognizable building at the College, began in 1828 under the direction of architect William Strickland. Flanking wings and portico for the main building were designed by Edward Brickell White and erected circa 1850. In 1886 the wings were destroyed by the Charleston earthquake and rebuilt between 1888 to 1894 under the direction of Gabriel Manigault.
Collection:
College of Charleston Buildings and Grounds Photograph Collection
Contributing Institution:
College of Charleston Libraries
Media Type:
Images
Personal or Corporate Subject:
College of Charleston
Topical Subject:
Universities and colleges--South Carolina--Charleston
Geographic Subject:
Charleston (S.C.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Low Country
Shelving Locator:
Randolph Hall 191.jpg
S.C. County:
Charleston County (S.C.)
Internet Media Type:
image/jpeg
Copyright Status Statement:
Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC, 29424.