Rivers House

  • Image 01
Rivers House
William James Rivers House, 40 Coming St. Building visible on left removed during construction of the Stern Student Center. Rivers House, built in 1851, was the residence of William James Rivers, historian and founder of the South Carolina Historical Society. The house was acquired by the College in 1971.
College of Charleston Buildings and Grounds Photograph Collection
Contributing Institution:
College of Charleston Libraries
Media Type:
Personal or Corporate Subject:
College of Charleston
Topical Subject:
Universities and colleges--South Carolina--Charleston
Geographic Subject:
Charleston (S.C.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Low Country
Shelving Locator:
James Rivers House 002.jpg
S.C. County:
Charleston County (S.C.)
Internet Media Type:
Copyright Status Statement:
Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC, 29424.