Martindale-Bell House

  • Image 01
Title:
Martindale-Bell House
Description:
Interior of Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.
Collection:
College of Charleston Buildings and Grounds Photograph Collection
Contributing Institution:
College of Charleston Libraries
Media Type:
Images
Personal or Corporate Subject:
College of Charleston
Topical Subject:
Universities and colleges--South Carolina--Charleston
Geographic Subject:
Charleston (S.C.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Low Country
Shelving Locator:
Martindale House 010.jpg
S.C. County:
Charleston County (S.C.)
Internet Media Type:
image/jpeg
Copyright Status Statement:
Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC, 29424.