Bishop Robert Smith House

  • Image 01
Title:
Bishop Robert Smith House
Date:
1965
Description:
President's House, 6 Glebe St., the oldest building on campus, possibly taken during renovation in 1965. Built in 1770 as the parsonage house for St. Philip's Episcopal Church and home to the College's first president, Bishop Robert Smith. Reverend Smith held some of the first classes at the College in this home. Acquired from St. Philip's Church in 1961 and restored in 1965.
Collection:
College of Charleston Buildings and Grounds Photograph Collection
Contributing Institution:
College of Charleston Libraries
Media Type:
Images
Personal or Corporate Subject:
College of Charleston
Topical Subject:
Universities and colleges--South Carolina--Charleston
Geographic Subject:
Charleston (S.C.)--Buildings, structures, etc., Low Country
Shelving Locator:
Glebe Street 021.jpg
S.C. County:
Charleston County (S.C.)
Internet Media Type:
image/jpeg
Copyright Status Statement:
Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC, 29424.