Plantations, Eutaw

  • Image 01
Title:
Plantations, Eutaw
Creator:
Paine, Morton Brailsford, 1883-1940
Date:
1901
Description:
Handwritten on reverse: 'Eutaw, residence of Mr. Wm. H. Sinkler of Eutawville, S.C. Built 1810.' Image measures 3 3/4" X 4 3/4". Note: Submerged under Lake Marion, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Orangeburg County. Original plantation lands were located near present-day Eutaw Springs and were between the Santee River and Eutaw Creek. Eutaw was originally in Berkeley County, but in 1908 the county lines were redrawn and the plantation became part of Orangeburg County.
Collection:
Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs
Contributing Institution:
The Charleston Museum Archives
Media Type:
Images
Personal or Corporate Subject:
Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project
Topical Subject:
Plantations -- South Carolina, Dogs, Carriages and carts, Wagons, Two-story houses, Porches, Lost architecture
Geographic Subject:
Low Country, Berkeley County (S.C.), Orangeburg County (S.C.)
Note:
Eutaw was originally in Berkeley County, but in 1908 the county lines were redrawn and the plantation became part of Orangeburg County. It is now submerged under Lake Marion as a result of the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project.
Shelving Locator:
MK 3481
S.C. County:
Berkeley County (S.C.)
Internet Media Type:
image/jpeg
Digitization Specifications:
800 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival Masters are tiffs.
Copyright Status Statement:
Digital image copyright 2011, The Charleston Museum Archives. All rights reserved. For more information contact The Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.