« Previous |
1 - 10 of 14
- 4" X 5 1/4" image of two unidentified men pounding rice with a mortar and pestle, while a woman and a third man watch. Photo was taken during meeting of the American Association of Museums held in Charleston to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the founding of the Charleston Museum. Similar images found in a scrapbook commemorating the meeting indicate this to be a live demonstration at the Santee Club.
- 5" X 7" image of unidentified African-American woman standing in front of a doorway. From list found with glass negatives: '4 Coming Tee.'
- 5" X 7" image of a group of four African-Americans getting water from a well sweep -- appears to be one woman and three children. From list found with the glass negatives: '16 Coming Tee Old Crane Well.'
- 5" X 7" image of unidentified African-American woman carrying a bucket on her head. She is standing in front of wooden gateposts. From list found with the glass negatives: '5 Coming Tee.'
- 5" X 7" image of an elderly African-American woman sitting in a chair. She is identified as Maum Mary from the list found with the glass negatives (exact wording: '9 Coming Tee Maum Mary.')