281 - 285 of 285
- Records chiefly consist of membership rolls for volunteer fire companies of Charleston (S.C.) including the Eagle Fire Engine Company, the Charleston Fire Engine Co., the Vigilant Fire Engine Co., Marion Fire Co., Aetna Fire Co., Washington Fire Co., Hope Fire Co., Charleston Fire Company of Axemen, Palmetto Fire Co., German Fire Co., and the Phoenix Fire Company. Also included is a printed blank form that certifies the bearer is an active firefighter and therefore exempt from Confederate military service. Printed on the certificate are two images of fire engines.
- Special Orders No. 239 from the Head Quarters Deparment of Henrico granting Croft leave of absence for 60 days.
- Major General Perrin's detailed account of McGowan's Brigade, the infantry unit he led, during the Battle of Gettysburg. Mentioned are the efforts of various officers as well as the tactical maneuvers during the three-day battle.
- Records consist of letters containing daily reports submitted by Assistant Engineer F.M. Hall at Fort Sumter to Major W.H. Echols, "Chief Engineer, S.C." at Charleston, South Carolina.Reports (Dec. 17-Dec. 23) concern work on fortifications being done by slaves and soldiers as well as small administrative and military matters.
- Langdon Cheves III's (1848-1939) hunting logbook including pencil and watercolor art along with notes on the Civil War.