« Previous |
1 - 20 of 45
- 5" X 7" image of a dirt road with two small, wood cabins. There is a wagon parked between them. Moss draped oaks on both sides of the structures. From the list found with the glass negatives: '2 Coming Tee Negro Quarters.'
- Handwritten on reverse: 'Avenue, entrance to Eutaw.' Image measures 3 3/4" X 4 3/4". Note: Submerged under Lake Marion, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Orangeburg County. Original plantation lands were located near present-day Eutaw Springs and were between the Santee River and Eutaw Creek. Eutaw was originally in Berkeley County, but in 1908 the county lines were redrawn and the plantation became part of Orangeburg County.
- 4" X 5" image of Gippy plantation, showing cows walking down a dirt road. There is a small house or outbuilding to the left.
- 4" X 5" image of Gippy plantation, showing dependencies and paddock from the (dirt) road - appears to be the barn and dairy.
- 8" X 10" image of house at Medway plantation, south and west sides.
- 5" X 7" image of an open wooden gate over a dirt path. Just past the gate is a small house with a high pitched roof. From list found with glass negatives: '38 Mepkin Gate.'