The Colleton County Memorial Library Scrapbooks and Photograph Albums Collection contains a sampling of images from the scrapbooks, photo albums and other image portfolios in the holdings of Colleton County Memorial Library. Included in this collection is the Future Farmers of America Scrapbook, which features newspaper clippings, photographs, postcards, and other documents related to the Walterboro Chapter of Future Farmers of America.
Colleton County Memorial Library
The Colleton County Memorial Library Minute Books and Ledgers Collection contains digitized minute books, record books and ledgers in the holdings of Colleton County Memorial Library. Featured in this collection is the Colleton County Highway Commission Ledger, which contains the handwritten minutes of meetings of the Colleton County Highway Commission between March 13, 1911, and May 14, 1932. Topics discussed include appointment of board members; budgeting, bidding, and awarding of contracts for the construction and maintenance of roads and bridges; lists of chain gang workers and supplies; property sales, including rights-of-way; claims for damages; jail maintenance; placement of telephone poles; and various other road-related issues.
The Colleton County Memorial Library Map Collection currently contains a sampling of images from the historic maps in the holdings of Colleton County Memorial Library. Included in this collection is the Jonah Horry Book of Maps, which features maps, surveys and charts drawn by John Goddard and John Horry Dent.
The Colleton County Memorial Library has provided bookmobile service since 1937, started by Isabel Patterson Heaton and Elma S. Rogers. The library continues to provide bookmobile service to rural areas and child care centers throughout the county. This collection features photographs, scrapbooks, newspaper articles from The Press and Standard, and a Library Week guest book.
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
- Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Oral Histories
- Millicent E. Brown Papers, 1949 - 2003
- Anna D. Kelly Papers, 1930s - 1999
- Book Lovers' Club, 1927 - 1969
- YWCA of Greater Charleston, Inc., Records, 1906 - 2007
- Russell J. Arnsberger Postcard Collection
- Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994
- St. Andrew's Society of Charleston Records, 1729-2001
- Eola Willis Cuban Photograph Collection, circa 1895-1910
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!