Rabbi William A. Rosenthall's collection of Judaica postcards. A particular collecting focus of Rosenthall was images of synagogues located around the globe, including European synagogues destroyed by the Nazis or converted to stables and warehouses. Also included are images of cemeteries, tombs, Jewish neighborhoods, and other Jewish sites of interest. Rosenthall was the rabbi at Charleston's Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim Synagogue from 1976 to 1992. He traveled extensively during his life and collected items related to Jewish life and culture.
- Pinehurst Tea Plantation Visual Materials
- An Architectural Guide to Charleston, South Carolina
- Warren Hubert Moïse Letters, 1933-1939
- Agricultural Society of South Carolina Visual Materials
- George W. Williams Photograph Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook, 1793-1796
- Civil War and Reconstruction Era Stereoscope Photographs of the Port Royal Region
- L.A. Hall Collection of Mid-19th Century Stereoscopic Images
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
- Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Oral Histories
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!