This collection contains five maps of the Waccamaw River in Horry County, S.C. from Conway to Bull Creek dated November 1903. The surveys were performed under the direction of Captain G. P. Howell, Corps of Engineers U.S.A. and Reid Whitford, U.S. Assistant Engineer. The surveyor was William H. Johnstone. These five maps show the soundings and some of the place names along the river. Also shown are proposed "cuts" that would straighten out parts of the river where extreme twists and turns made navigation by larger vessels difficult. The total distance shown by way of the river is approximately 26.5 miles.
- Russell J. Arnsberger Postcard Collection
- Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994
- St. Andrew's Society of Charleston Records, 1729-2001
- Eola Willis Cuban Photograph Collection, circa 1895-1910
- Charleston Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Papers, 1920-1995
- City Year Books for Charleston, South Carolina, 1880-1951
- J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937 - 1988
- The Thomas Haythe Rare Book Collection
- 1967 King Street Survey Collection
- Mulberry Castle: Land of My Dreams
News & Events
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!
- The “Esau Jenkins Papers, 1963-2003” Collection Has Been Updated!