The Laura Bragg Papers collection at The Citadel Archives and Museum contain letters written to Miss Bragg from Chinese cadets before and after their graduation from The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, from 1926 to 1948. Topics of the letters include career plans, The Citadel, political beliefs, Chinese culture, history, and military events. Bragg worked as the director of the Charleston Museum, was the founder and first librarian of the Charleston Free Library, and other museums. Also included in the collection are a photograph album and scrapbook, postcards, newspaper clippings, photographs, commencement programs, additional letters from Chinese students, notes on Chinese art and history, and miscellaneous artifacts.
- Pinehurst Tea Plantation Visual Materials
- Art Work of Charleston: Published in Twelve Parts
- An Architectural Guide to Charleston, South Carolina
- Warren Hubert Moïse Letters, 1933-1939
- Agricultural Society of South Carolina Visual Materials
- George W. Williams Photograph Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook, 1793-1796
- Civil War and Reconstruction Era Stereoscope Photographs of the Port Royal Region
- L.A. Hall Collection of Mid-19th Century Stereoscopic Images
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!