The Coards Studio was a photography studio owned and operated by Joseph and Rachel Coards in Charleston, South Carolina. Coards photographed African American families and individuals in the studio and various events and groups outside of the studio, such as graduations, weddings, and other ceremonies. The studio, located at 78 Line Street, closed in the late 20th century.
- Aquí Estamos (Here We Are) Digital Collection
- Historic Charleston Foundation Oral History Project
- Pinehurst Tea Plantation Visual Materials
- Art Work of Charleston: Published in Twelve Parts
- An Architectural Guide to Charleston, South Carolina
- Warren Hubert Moïse Letters, 1933-1939
- Agricultural Society of South Carolina Visual Materials
- George W. Williams Photograph Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook, 1793-1796
- Civil War and Reconstruction Era Stereoscope Photographs of the Port Royal Region
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!