The Special Collections Department of the College of Charleston is home to over 500 separate manuscript collections that vary in size from a single item to collections over 400 linear feet. The largest collections are the College of Charleston Archive, the Spoleto Festival Archive, the Jewish Heritage Collection (including the William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection and Papers), the L. Mendel Rivers Collection, and the Burnet R. Maybank Senatorial Papers.
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
- Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Oral Histories
- Millicent E. Brown Papers, 1949 - 2003
- Anna D. Kelly Papers, 1930s - 1999
- Book Lovers' Club, 1927 - 1969
- YWCA of Greater Charleston, Inc., Records, 1906 - 2007
- Russell J. Arnsberger Postcard Collection
- Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994
- St. Andrew's Society of Charleston Records, 1729-2001
- Eola Willis Cuban Photograph Collection, circa 1895-1910
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!