The Special Collections Department of the College of Charleston is home to over 500 separate manuscript collections that vary in size from a single item to collections over 400 linear feet. The largest collections are the College of Charleston Archive, the Spoleto Festival Archive, the Jewish Heritage Collection (including the William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection and Papers), the L. Mendel Rivers Collection, and the Burnet R. Maybank Senatorial Papers.
- City Year Books for Charleston, South Carolina, 1880-1951
- J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937 - 1988
- The Thomas Haythe Rare Book Collection
- 1967 King Street Survey Collection
- Mulberry Castle: Land of My Dreams
- Laura Bragg Papers
- Bernice Robinson Papers, 1920-1989
- Voices of the Santee Delta Oral History Collection
- Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project
- Colleton County Memorial Library Scrapbooks and Photograph Albums
News & Events
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!
- The “Esau Jenkins Papers, 1963-2003” Collection Has Been Updated!
- The “Bernice Robinson Papers, 1920-1989” Are Available on the LCDL!
- Introducing a New Collection: “Septima P. Clark Papers, ca. 1910-ca. 1990”