The Citadel Archives & Museum and the Daniel Library have over 300 archival collections which pertain to the history of The Citadel or have military significance. The time span of the collections is from 1842 to the present and are comprised of personal papers, letters, diaries, reports, minutes, speeches, and Citadel publications. Visual images include photographs, postcards, engravings, films and videotapes. Highlights include the General Mark W. Clark Papers, and nineteenth and twentieth century cadet diaries and speeches.
- Russell J. Arnsberger Postcard Collection
- Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994
- St. Andrew's Society of Charleston Records, 1729-2001
- Eola Willis Cuban Photograph Collection, circa 1895-1910
- Charleston Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Papers, 1920-1995
- City Year Books for Charleston, South Carolina, 1880-1951
- J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937 - 1988
- The Thomas Haythe Rare Book Collection
- 1967 King Street Survey Collection
- Mulberry Castle: Land of My Dreams
News & Events
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!
- The “Esau Jenkins Papers, 1963-2003” Collection Has Been Updated!