This collection contains Revolutionary War military correspondence between the years of 1774-1783. The bulk of the letters are written to Major General Nathanael Greene and are chiefly concerned with strategic matters including reports on engagements and the movement of both American and British forces, procurement of arms and supplies, and issues of manpower with the drafting of men and desertion. Among the correspondents are John Laurens, Henry Laurens, John B. Ashe, Baron Steuben, Joseph Martin, Benjamin Lincoln, William Davies, William Heath, Stephen Drayton, Gouverneur Morris, William Pierce, Francis Marion, William Moultrie, Horatio Gates, Daniel Morgan, John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg, Governor Abner Nash, John Hancock, Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer, Mann Page, John Page, Royal Flint, Charles Pettit and Henry Lee.
- George W. Williams Photograph Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook, 1793-1796
- Civil War and Reconstruction Era Stereoscope Photographs of the Port Royal Region
- L.A. Hall Collection of Mid-19th Century Stereoscopic Images
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
- Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Oral Histories
- Millicent E. Brown Papers, 1949 - 2003
- Anna D. Kelly Papers, 1930s - 1999
- Book Lovers' Club, 1927 - 1969
- YWCA of Greater Charleston, Inc., Records, 1906 - 2007
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!